Battery Service at Reggie Jackson Airport Honda
Order the perfect battery for your car with us and we’ll help you take the old one out and put the new one in!
Sometimes your battery can be saved—it just needs to be tested. You can trust us to properly test your battery
If your battery is dead, sometimes all it takes is a charge to get it working again. After we test your battery, we can charge it, too!
When it comes to the health of your vehicle, maintaining the battery is one of the many key components to proper vehicle operation. It is vital to starting the engine and helps keep the electronics of the vehicle running. It also lets you do certain battery-related activities when your engine is turned off – like charging your phone and playing your music. Like any battery, automotive batteries gradually lose power over time. Many elements can affect the life of your car battery, especially hot weather! But with a few simple preventive measures, your car battery will stay kept in prime condition.
How to Maintain My Vehicle’s Battery?
When it comes to your car’s battery, it should never be a case of a forgotten/delayed service. Like many other parts of a vehicle, it needs a focus of care and attention in order to function as it should.
The tips below are key things to think about when it comes to battery maintenance to help keep your car battery in tip-top condition:
- Keep the cable connections clean and taut. Any stage of corrosion on your battery will compromise the ability of the starter motor to draw current from the battery, and for the charging system to keep it topped up. You can remove corrosion from your battery connectors with a stiff brush, sandpaper, or a wire brush.
- If the battery has caps that let you check the water level, keep it up to the full mark, usually just under an inch from the top of the cell. You can use distilled water but tap water is also fine. Do wear eye protection – safety glasses or goggles – when doing so.
- In a standard vehicle, the battery is held in place with a retaining strap – and this should be tight and taut so the battery can’t slide around.
How Do I Know When My Car Needs a New Battery?
Car batteries It’s hard to truly gauge a battery’s health from the outside, but that doesn’t mean you can’t glean at least some insight into it. One of the telltale signs that something isn’t right is a slow crank. When you hear the car wheezing during ignition, especially when the weather isn’t cold, something might be amiss.
That may be caused by a weakened alternator not charging the battery fast enough, so it may not be the battery, specifically. But there are a couple of checks you can do that will help you determine whether you need a new battery soon or not. Check the list below to see the most common telltale signs:
- The Check Engine Light is On
- The Engine is Slow to Start
- The Lights Are Dim or You are Experiencing Electrical Issues
- The Battery Connectors Are Corroded
- You can smell something rotten
- Your battery is old
If you notice any of these signs apply to you, call our service center today to schedule a battery check as soon as you can!
How Much Does a Honda Battery Cost?
Find out the cost of a Honda battery and how you can save money on your purchase at Reggie Jackson Airport. Depending on your specific model, a Honda battery typically ranges from $75 to $200. Rest assured knowing that the Honda battery warranty covers free replacement and installation within the first 36 months if the battery is defective.
Even after that, you can still receive a credit towards the cost of a Honda battery based on current retail prices for the next 64 months. Take advantage of our specials and coupons and order your Honda battery online for easy pickup at your convenience.
How to Determine if Your Car Battery is Dead or Defective?
One key indicator that your car battery may be faulty is the occurrence of a slow engine crank. However, it’s important to consider other possible causes before jumping to conclusions.
Keep an eye out for additional warning signs such as a check-engine light appearing, an unresponsive dashboard, or malfunctioning windshield wipers. If you experience any of these symptoms, it is highly recommended to have your vehicle thoroughly inspected by an experienced technician at Reggie Jackson Airport Honda.
How to Maximize the Lifespan of Your Honda Battery?
Did you know that your driving habits can significantly impact the lifespan of your car battery? While weather conditions play a role, it’s your behavior behind the wheel that truly makes a difference.
Here are some key tips to help you extend the life of your Honda battery:
- Turn off all lights: Leaving your cabin lights or headlights on, especially when idling or overnight, can quickly drain your battery. Remember to unplug any USB devices or adapters before exiting the car.
- Avoid frequent jump-starts: While jump-starting a dead battery is a handy trick, each jump-start actually reduces the overall lifespan of your battery. Try to minimize the need for jump-starts whenever possible.
- Reduce short drives: Starting your car consumes power from the battery. If you frequently take short drives without allowing the alternator to fully recharge the battery, it will wear out sooner. Limiting short trips can help extend battery life.
- Park in the shade and drive regularly: Heat can also drain your battery. Parking your car in the shade can help minimize its exposure to excessive heat. Additionally, if you don’t drive frequently, the alternator won’t have enough opportunities to recharge the battery fully.
By following these tips, you can maximize the lifespan of your Honda battery and avoid unnecessary replacements. Keep your battery in great shape and enjoy worry-free driving!
Car Batteries Near Raleigh, NC
When was the last time you checked your car’s battery? Regardless of your car’s age and condition, there’s never a wrong time to test your battery’s health for a battery replacement. Replacing your vehicle’s battery every two to three years will keep your car running at its best. It will also help you avoid potential breakdowns and other costly repairs.
Our experienced service technicians at Reggie Jackson Airport Honda have the knowledge and tools to keep your vehicle running in pristine condition. Schedule an appointment online today for your vehicle’s battery maintenance and replacement is easy with Reggie Jackson Airport Honda. Whether you’re a new or existing customer, we’ve got you covered!